top of page
162707842745070842.png
MOSHED-2023-12-28-20-3-5.gif
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • TikTok

Tory Lanez releases new statement following his 10-Year sentence & Drake shows support


Tory Lanez posts statement via on Instagram following his ten-year sentencing.

Tory Lanez: ‘I refuse to apologize for something that I did not do’

New statement from Tory Lanez — “I have always maintained my innocence and I always will,” Lanez wrote.



On Thursday (Aug. 10), Tory Lanez share a new statement in the wake of being sentenced to 10 years in prison following Megan Thee Stallion shooting and the Canadian singer refuses to take responsibility for the crime.


The singer is breaking his silence after being sentenced to 10 years following a guilty conviction for shooting Megan Thee Stallion in 2020. In a letter to his fans Thursday, the rapper said he “always will” maintain his innocence, adding, “I refuse to apologize for something that I didn’t do.”


“I have never let a hard time intimidate me. I will never never let no jail time eliminate me. Regardless of how they try to spin my words, I have always maintained my innocence and I always will,” he wrote. “This week in court I took responsibility for all verbal and intimate moments that I shared with the parties involved… that’s it.”


“In no way shape or form was I apologizing for the charges I’m being wrongfully convicted of. I remain on the stance that I refuse to apologize for something that I did not do,” Tory added.


Read Tory Lanez full statement here:

The rapper was sentenced to 10 years in prison on Tuesday, nearly eight months after he was found guilty of shooting Megan Thee Stallion in her feet following an argument in July 2020.

 

Last December, Peterson was found guilty of first-degree assault with a firearm, discharge of a firearm with gross negligence, and having a concealed firearm in a vehicle. The trial was highly publicized, with significant misinformation circulating online against Pete. The prosecution had previously asked for a 13-year sentence.


Lanez addressed the court on Tuesday before the judge handed down his decision, asking for leniency and for a sentence that would allow him to “prove” himself.


“I’m standing in front of you as a father to a six-year-old who needs me every step of the way,” Lanez told Judge David Herriford. “There’s been this misconception about me being this monster, not having remorse, that’s just not true,” he said. “That night, everyone was drunk, I said things I shouldn’t have said. The victim was my friend, I still care about her. We both lost mothers, we’d sit there and drink until we felt numb. Everything I did wrong that night I take responsibility for.”

 

In addition to Lanez statement on Thursday, Drake showed support for his Canadian friend by hitting the “Like” button.


Drake and Lanez started off their relationship as foes in the early days of the latter’s career, but the pair ultimately resolved things and even ended up doing a brief European tour together in 2019 called the Assassination Vacation Tour.


bottom of page